So it’s snowing here. That wouldn’t be significant except for the fact that it’s almost May and yesterday I was wearing shorts. Sigh. For those of you that haven’t experienced this little phenomenon we call “Springtime in The Rockies,” let me clue you in.
You’ve experienced Springtime in the Rockies if…
- You have worn snowboots and shorts within the same week.
- Or maybe even at the same time.
- Your flowers never make it to summer not because you’re a bad gardener, but because they get crushed by two feet of snow.
- When others say “April Showers Bring May Flowers,” you usually think of snow, not rain.
- You know that it would be crazy to plan an outdoor wedding anytime before July.
- You can’t ever commit to putting your winter clothes “in storage” for the summer.
- You don’t bother going “spring shopping” for new clothes because none of the spring clothes are fleece-lined.
- You literally have no idea what kind of weather you’ll wake up to in the morning.
- You’ve ditched the idea of “four seasons” for the notion of two seasons: “winter” and “construction season”
- Every year around April, you start to question why you would live somewhere where it can snow almost year-round. You consider moving to Florida.
For those of you that are living the snow-buried dream of living in the Rockies, stay warm today! For the rest of you, pull out your floral dresses and sandals and be thankful you live somewhere where the weather isn’t eternally confused.